Monday, August 17, 2009

Ibadah di perantauan

This picture was taken when I first arrive in Hokkaido during March, 2009. It was still winter. The temperature was about 4~6 degree..

We arrived there during Asar after a two hours flight from Narita Airport. Our senior who awaited us at the New Chitose Airport fetched us and we were brought to Rera Shopping Mall, near the airport. There, I bought a pair of gloves to warm my trembling hand..

As the maghrib prayer is drawing near, we decided to pray at the mall. PUBLICLY!!..We had to admit it that it's quite embarassing to do something the Japanese never saw it before. Luckily I've done my prayer in the flight. I took this picture as a memento..some of the by passers look curiously to what we're doing at that time. The good thing is, the Japanese respect others privacy. They just care about themselves and never bother anyone else. Honestly, it took a real bravery to perform your ibadah, especially in foreign land such Japan, where the Muslims community is small.

Ibadah is a compulsory to any Muslims. It should be done anywhere and on time. No matter we are sick or not, free or busy, it MUST be performed.

For me, it's another way to tell others about Islam. They will get a clear view of who the Muslim's are. Are they a terrorist? Does Islam teaches it's followers to commit violence?

Honestly, up until now, since I came here from last March, my Japanese friends or teachers never bothered me when I tell them I had to pray. In fact, they understand our duty and respect it. Some of my friends told me that in their university, they even reserved a small room or an area to perform the prayer. In fact, they even warn us to pray on time, as they really strict about time.

Once I was asked about how we pray, how many times a day etc.. I explained it as simple as possible. For me, there's no need to explain the advantages of salat to them from the medical view, for example, as it was quite complicated.Plus, you might have some trouble in finding a suitable words to use. To show the beauty of Islam to other non-Muslims is also Daa'wah. To do it, give a good impression about ibadah in Islam. In the beginning, try to avoid telling about the hell, sins, hereafter etc. Those are the thing they cannot see.

After all, Hidayah (guidance or lead) comes from Allah. We can show a good example and invite the non-Muslims to know about Islam. But, we can never be able to force them to belief. The point is, there's a lot of way to daa'wah. It's just whether we did it,.....or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say?・どう思いますか?