Saturday, August 22, 2009

JANGLISH??

Don't wonder what the "JANGLISH" is.. I just combine the word JAPAN and ENGLISH and there it is.. I came across the words when I suddenly remembered the word "MANGLISH" (MAlaysian eNGLISH)

Well, talking about speaking English in Japan is a laughable matters. For foreigners, especially native speakers, they might encounter a lot of signs, signboard, instructions etc, that use inappropriate english.

The problem about the Japanese english is direct translation. Common Japanese people will translate the Japanese words to english words one-by-one.

Another problem is the pronunciation of the letter 'R'..I guessed you can't do anything about that.. I just wonder why they don't look for the word from dictionary? The words from dictionary never make mistakes..

As my personal opinion, I think Japanese nowadays, especially teenagers really look up to the western cultures, mainly America. Their fashion, song's genre, everything influenced by American culture. If not much, less. Therefore, wearing T-shirts or jackets that have english words or quotes is considered as COOL...

Well..nobody's perfect.. Just hope they will look the dictionary before translating words..

Want to look for more funny quotations, go to www.engrish.com..Enjoy it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say?・どう思いますか?